Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lean Times

I just got done taking an inventory of my "vitals" for the next week since I don't get paid until Friday. As it happens I have 2 chicken breasts, one box of Pastaroni, a handful of petite onions, marmalade, 2 medium sized bags of Nutter Butters/Chocolate Teddy Grahams, salsa and ranch dressing, as well as $3.06. I just made a pasta box so that I could have dinner (not included in the inventory) and luckily I'm not hungry right now so I won't eat even half of it.

I owe my family friends, who are also my landlords, $200 for rent for September and another $300 on the first. I am unable to pay my student loans this month. I admit that I have not been as diligent as possible at trying to get another job, however, there really are very few places that I could work around where I am living. I don't even know if I can keep the job I have because I can't pay for the first aid/CPR courses needed to be employed there.

After all this what do I feel? I'm not panicked; I'm not worried. I do feel the peace that passes all understanding. And it is amazing. Jesus Himself says in Matthew 6 "Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" I do not fear that I will not have food for tomorrow.

The Bible says in Proverbs 3 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understand in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." I know that God has a plan for me and it is my place to follow Him and not worry about the rest of the details.

0 comments: