Monday we, Melissa, Kristen, Robert, and I were at the Dustin Arms for our last time for our internship. Anthony, Lance and James helped us out too. We made a bunch of chili with a lot of extra stuff in it. When we got to the hotel and knocked on doors a lot of people seemed to be feeling sick. Nick, the manager, told us that they had sprayed for bugs that day and it made people feel sick. Ruth wasn't able to join us again, she's been feeling sick for the last few weeks. We keep praying for her. She always says that she might be here the next week or she might not, that is it up to God. Lynette was very excited because she gets to go to her daughter's high school graduation. She said that she hadn't seen her daughter since she was 3 months old. We prayed for her as well for the day to be blessed and that their relationship might be restored. Nick wanted to talk about Acts 19:13-16 where seven Jewish priests were trying to cast out demons "by the Jesus whom Paul proclaims." The demons say that they know of Jesus and Paul but who are they. Then the demons over power the Jews who escape "naked and wounded." I thought this was very interesting since it shows that indeed Jesus has power but you have to believe in Him and His name and who He is.
Nick started to ask what we were going to do once we graduate. I think he is nervous that there won't be anyone to lead the bible study at his hotel any more. I'd love to keep doing it but I'll be gone until mid-August.
On Tuesday we had a large group at the Plaza Hotel. Robert and I led worship. We went through all six or so songs he knew. Melissa and Kristen helped Jeff with dinner and Mary Clo and Anthony talked to the residents. I talked to Chrystal again about her relationship with God the Father and then about what I'm going to do when I come back to San Diego. Chrystal is such a sweet woman. She ministers to the "street people" daily. She said that the Devil had clobbered her over the head a few days ago and she was still dizzy (she actually swayed in front of me right after she finished talking). Chrystal then said that he could do all he wanted but it wasn't going to stop her from doing what was obviously what God is calling her to do.


0 comments:
Post a Comment