I'm finally done with training. WOOT! I have my first group coming in on Saturday. They are 28 high school freshmen. This should be interesting.
My biggest struggle these past few weeks has not been my busy schedule. It has been a combination of getting used to being around people 24/7 (quite literally) and feeling a bit on the outskirts. The later issue comes up a lot more often and can be a bit more straining. Besides that on the surface level I am not like my fellow CSM'ers (I don't like pop music or watching the CW) I am a conservative while others are more liberal. I have a very hard time articulating why I believe what I believe and backing it up. When I get into conversations about these things I tend to get defensive and set up walls to protect myself. Criticism of my core values really shakes me up. I feel de-valued when people dismiss a part of me so easily. On the other hand I do have to evaluate more of the beliefs I have and line them up with the scriptures or discard them.
All in all stretching hurts (I know this already) but it is the only way to grow.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Training= It's Over!
Posted by Zettie at 2:51 AM
Labels: conservative, liberal, training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment